GeoCommunity - News FAQ
- Q. How do I get a news release featured on your site?
A. There are 2 options. News can be submitted and paid for on an individual basis or you can establish an annual news/PR posting account with us. NEws for non-profits and government agencies are run for free and can be sent directly to our editors at email@example.com - More detailed instructions are provided at http://spatialnews.geocomm.com/submitnews.html
- Q. How often is news added/updated?
A. News releases are posted bright and early each morning and added throughout the day
- Q. Why should I run news releases at SpatialNews/GeoCommunity?
A. We have a very large and targetted audience of GIS industry professionals that visit our site every day and depend on us for conveying industry news to them
- Q. What sets you apart from all the others?
A. We feature news on our site, send out an electronic industry news wire to almost 20,000 individuals each day, and our news is
accessible to wireless PDAs via an AvantGo Channel
- Q. Can anyone run a news release?
A. We decide what will be featured, but generally, any item that is news and NOT simply an ad packaged to look like a news release will be featured.
- Q. What is the premium news release service all about?
A. We've taken advantage of our experience and contacts to provide a premium news posting option. For a nominal fee, your news release gets "top billing", we'll provide contact information, hyperlinks to your website, and we'll forward your news release to our own personal database of GIS, LBS, and geospatial media and high-tech journalists. Generally, news submitted using this option gets picked up on and run by a number of other online and paper publications.
Details at spatialnews.geocomm.com/submitnews.html
- Q. I get the daily news feed. How do I unsubscribe?
A. Go to http://www.spatialnews.com/unsub/ and you can remove yourself quite easily - make sure you know the email address that you are registerd under.
- Q. I've replied to the newsletter/mailout requesting to unsubscribe but nothing happens?
A. Replying to mailouts simply replies back to a "mailbot" and doesn't reach a real person.
- Q. I'd like to contribute an article, how do I do this?
A. Simply contact the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org and he'll make the arrangements with you