About The GeoCommunity Account Mechanism
The GeoComm account system has been developed to reduce the work required for our visitors.
It is a secure system (hence the https://) enabling GeoCommunity users to build a custom account to manage frequent transactions, access areas of the GeoCommunity reserved for Account holders only, and making it a much easier and quicker process for you and us.
This system will remember contact information for individuals and/or corporations. By creating an
account, you will only have to enter this information once. After that, simply entering your username and password will bring up your pre-defined settings and provide you with access to e-commerce transactions (many of the specials not available to non-account holders).
These settings can be altered at any time. The alterations can be made permanent by using our account status page or you can change them temporarily at several places throughout the system.
Note:Account usernames and passwords are CASE SENSITIVE
The account system can be used throughout the GeoCommunity. It has options that will save you money by buying services/products in bulk and it has places where you can personalize the GeoCommunity site to fit your preferences. New features are being created all the time!
Here are some of the things you can currently do with a GeoComm Account
- Download GIS data (DRG, DEM, DLG, DOQQ, etc...) from the GISDataDepot, receiving much faster throughput than free downloads
- Subscribe to GeoCommunity GeoBids RFP notification service
- Download data that is no longer available via the Free download mechanism (DRG, DOQQ)
- Download data via premium account holder dedicated T-1 lines, enabling faster download speeds
- Purchase blocks of data from our fast, dedicated high-speed download connection
- Purchase Job Postings in bulk and save money and time when compared to individual
About GISDataDepot Premium Data Downloads
Features in development
- Add your company's link as a "premium" link
- Submit your press releases to our NewsWire distribution system.
- Submit your company's demo software/data to our Software Depot and have it downloaded
by thousands of visitors
- Customize the SpatialNews site by region or by topic
- Submit your website to our GIS-specific search engine and our links pages for premium listing
- Add your company to our Marketplace and have a description of your product available
throughout the GeoCommunity Have your marketplace listing incorporated onto many of our most popular web pages.
Very little is required to use the GeoCommunity account system. Your browser must have cookies
enabled and should be capable of supporting 128-bit encryption.
Test your cookie settings here.
Your account login is set to time out after 20 minutes. This means that after 20 minutes of use,
you will be promted to re-login. We have implemented this to prevent others from accessing your account while you are away from your computer terminal.
This Account System does not store credit card numbers or other critical information.
However, since it is possible to purchase products and services in advance, a
username/password scheme is used to protect your account from being accessed by a third party.
We realize that people/corporations sometimes forget their password. To help users
when this happens we have created a password hint system. See the bottom of the login page for more information.
More help is available by contacting our support staff.
To setup or access the GeoCommunity Account System